now browsing by tag
I’m just really happy she’s back and we’re back to 10 villagers again. Even though there hasn’t really been any changes, I’m hoping to do a Dream Suite update sometime soon once I finish watering flowers. So many flowers 🙁
There was also a Nintendo Direct today which I will be talking about in much more detail over on my main site, but I will talk a little bit here too. Besides confirming more on the update (and a special version of New Leaf including it will be out later this year), a special direct for Animal Crossing will also be out this Fall. I wouldn’t be surprised if it included the mobile game as well. Japan’s direct gave a date of November 2nd for it so I’m expecting that same day here as well as the Directs have usually been the same day lately.
The new Amiibo cards look amazing though and I really hope I can get all 50. It’s supposed to be all Villagers that didn’t make it into New Leaf and so these are some of my favorites:
Though, I will admit that if some get in, I may end up wanting to switch some of my villagers… We already know Ellie is, but I think Megumi, Stella, and Carmen would be the ones most tempting–I really love my current villagers though.
The cards come out December 2nd in North America, but actually come out the 3rd in Japan (a day after the scheduled Direct) and the 11th in Europe… not sure why the US has such a large delay, but I feel like the update may be the same day as or the day after the special Animal Crossing Direct so it’ll be a while before we get the new cards for it… So sick of the US being delayed like this 🙁
So, after nearly three years, I finally got all gold badges! I’m so happy.
But yes, let’s get to these lovely lines from Phineas…
You can also watch me talking to Phineas with this lovely highlight from the stream I did today! (A link to the full stream is in the description of the video)
And to finish it off… All of the lovely badges:
And my final playtime:
Yay! With that, the game is finally finished for me. Catalog complete, town done, all gold badges… Everything is finished. I might still play time to time to play with friends and/or do Dream Suite stuff, but for now, I can finally relax 🙂 And also get back to Happy Home Designer!
As most people know, I have been still working hard on badge grinding! It’s been a long progress, but imagine my surprise when I started streaming and ran into Phineas!
Now, all my badges are at least Silver:
Now to just finally get these last four to gold…
So, I was popping in for my usual checkness to make sure nobody wants to move and crush my hopes and dreams and to my surprise, Phineas was walking around!
While I only received one badge, this one is pretty important as it helps me figure out just how much I have to go. I now know I need 3,000 more fish to get gold… I still don’t know how close I am bug-wise though as it can be anywhere between 500 and 1,999. Regardless, now the Catching lots of bugs badge is the only bronze badge I have. Hopefully I can get the rest of the badges soon!
I’m sure we can all expect a Wii U version to be coming. It’s been hinted upon and I’d be surprised if we didn’t see it shown at this year’s E3. That said, I just wanted to talk more about what I’d personally like to see. I know everyone is happy about nice graphics (and we did get a bit of a preview on the limited time application on the Wii U), but graphics mean little to me to be blunt. Regardless, I’ve been asked several times now that it seems more and more likely and that I’ve played ACNL for so long, what would I’d like to see. So, let us begin!
To start, I want to say I’m going to assume we’d still be Mayor. I think it’d be a bit odd otherwise so I’m mostly expecting New Leaf with a bigger town and more features versus a whole new change-up.
1. A transfer system similar to Wild World’s transfer to City Folk. You essentially kept your character’s look (hair, face), name, and catalog. I think it’d be nice if you could keep patterns as well along with badge progress.
2. The ability to put together your own map. Talk about finding a land, expanding your mayorship, and just getting to do more with the land itself would be really cool IMO. I think it’d be neat to see people making all kinds of different maps. I mean, I’m sure there’d be only so many different pieces per area versus a full moldable landscape, but that still gives a lot of options.
3. Be able to place as many Public Works as you want. No limits on how many per item either. If I want more than 3 bridges (and honestly, bridges shouldn’t even count), so be it. Maybe someone wants their town to be a bunch of little islands.
4. Bigger item limit. 48 seems good on paper, but once you put in wall items, it suddenly becomes very small. I’d like to say no item limit at all, but I sadly don’t see that happening.
5. Houses at least just as big as New Leaf. This may seem like a given, but then I remember Wild World to City Folk and yeeeeah….
6. Dream Suite returns. It’s just such a great addition. I’d love to see the 3DS and Wii U ones linked, but I know that probably won’t happen.
7. Best Friend list returns. It’s just such a nice feature. I’d love to be able to have more friends on it as well.
8. New badges.
9. The option to be able to place your villager’s homes (new ones anyway of course) like your own house.
10. Be able to make it so certain villagers can never move.
11. Be able to set your own population–maybe have to pay to allow more animals to move in. This allows those who want a smaller amount to have it while those who want tons of villagers can do that too. I’d love to have 12 personally if the world itself is bigger which brings me to my last hope….
12. A Bigger Map. I’d love to see multiple layers to a town besides just town and beach.
But yes, hopefully I can get New Leaf done before the next version of Animal Crossing comes out. I just hope I have enough time.