Animal Crossing: New Horizons
now browsing by category
For those of you who are hoping for New Horizons content, I WILL be doing game play logs, videos, and streams like I did for New Leaf! But the game play logs/journals will be on my main site with main summary details over here instead of on this site (this is for New Leaf!).
I recently wrote another entry a few days ago about the main things I’m wondering with New Horizons less than 100 days away now.
Meanwhile, I’ve been doing my best to get older videos uploaded from my streams that I managed to save before my old hard drive died. The last of which should be up by the end of the week.
I’m hoping to do a better job with uploading New Horizons stuff sooner. At the very least, the daily logs here will still be the main information for what I went through with my town! And I can’t wait to write, do videos, and do streams for New Horizons too.
I already wrote up my thoughts and observations on my main website 🙂 I will be doing blog posts there similar to how I did here for New Leaf. I’m looking forward to it and streaming again <3
I’m sure we can all expect a Wii U version to be coming. It’s been hinted upon and I’d be surprised if we didn’t see it shown at this year’s E3. That said, I just wanted to talk more about what I’d personally like to see. I know everyone is happy about nice graphics (and we did get a bit of a preview on the limited time application on the Wii U), but graphics mean little to me to be blunt. Regardless, I’ve been asked several times now that it seems more and more likely and that I’ve played ACNL for so long, what would I’d like to see. So, let us begin!
To start, I want to say I’m going to assume we’d still be Mayor. I think it’d be a bit odd otherwise so I’m mostly expecting New Leaf with a bigger town and more features versus a whole new change-up.
1. A transfer system similar to Wild World’s transfer to City Folk. You essentially kept your character’s look (hair, face), name, and catalog. I think it’d be nice if you could keep patterns as well along with badge progress.
2. The ability to put together your own map. Talk about finding a land, expanding your mayorship, and just getting to do more with the land itself would be really cool IMO. I think it’d be neat to see people making all kinds of different maps. I mean, I’m sure there’d be only so many different pieces per area versus a full moldable landscape, but that still gives a lot of options.
3. Be able to place as many Public Works as you want. No limits on how many per item either. If I want more than 3 bridges (and honestly, bridges shouldn’t even count), so be it. Maybe someone wants their town to be a bunch of little islands.
4. Bigger item limit. 48 seems good on paper, but once you put in wall items, it suddenly becomes very small. I’d like to say no item limit at all, but I sadly don’t see that happening.
5. Houses at least just as big as New Leaf. This may seem like a given, but then I remember Wild World to City Folk and yeeeeah….
6. Dream Suite returns. It’s just such a great addition. I’d love to see the 3DS and Wii U ones linked, but I know that probably won’t happen.
7. Best Friend list returns. It’s just such a nice feature. I’d love to be able to have more friends on it as well.
8. New badges.
9. The option to be able to place your villager’s homes (new ones anyway of course) like your own house.
10. Be able to make it so certain villagers can never move.
11. Be able to set your own population–maybe have to pay to allow more animals to move in. This allows those who want a smaller amount to have it while those who want tons of villagers can do that too. I’d love to have 12 personally if the world itself is bigger which brings me to my last hope….
12. A Bigger Map. I’d love to see multiple layers to a town besides just town and beach.
But yes, hopefully I can get New Leaf done before the next version of Animal Crossing comes out. I just hope I have enough time.