So, after waaaaay too long, my tree has finally grown!:
You may notice that my town looks a bit different season-wise. The fix I was told was to go back to the first of the month it should’ve grown (October) and then play every single day with just one character.
I’m SO happy it worked. Now to just get my game back to January 14th… Plus badges.
I’m sure we can all expect a Wii U version to be coming. It’s been hinted upon and I’d be surprised if we didn’t see it shown at this year’s E3. That said, I just wanted to talk more about what I’d personally like to see. I know everyone is happy about nice graphics (and we did get a bit of a preview on the limited time application on the Wii U), but graphics mean little to me to be blunt. Regardless, I’ve been asked several times now that it seems more and more likely and that I’ve played ACNL for so long, what would I’d like to see. So, let us begin!
To start, I want to say I’m going to assume we’d still be Mayor. I think it’d be a bit odd otherwise so I’m mostly expecting New Leaf with a bigger town and more features versus a whole new change-up.
1. A transfer system similar to Wild World’s transfer to City Folk. You essentially kept your character’s look (hair, face), name, and catalog. I think it’d be nice if you could keep patterns as well along with badge progress.
2. The ability to put together your own map. Talk about finding a land, expanding your mayorship, and just getting to do more with the land itself would be really cool IMO. I think it’d be neat to see people making all kinds of different maps. I mean, I’m sure there’d be only so many different pieces per area versus a full moldable landscape, but that still gives a lot of options.
3. Be able to place as many Public Works as you want. No limits on how many per item either. If I want more than 3 bridges (and honestly, bridges shouldn’t even count), so be it. Maybe someone wants their town to be a bunch of little islands.
4. Bigger item limit. 48 seems good on paper, but once you put in wall items, it suddenly becomes very small. I’d like to say no item limit at all, but I sadly don’t see that happening.
5. Houses at least just as big as New Leaf. This may seem like a given, but then I remember Wild World to City Folk and yeeeeah….
6. Dream Suite returns. It’s just such a great addition. I’d love to see the 3DS and Wii U ones linked, but I know that probably won’t happen.
7. Best Friend list returns. It’s just such a nice feature. I’d love to be able to have more friends on it as well.
8. New badges.
9. The option to be able to place your villager’s homes (new ones anyway of course) like your own house.
10. Be able to make it so certain villagers can never move.
11. Be able to set your own population–maybe have to pay to allow more animals to move in. This allows those who want a smaller amount to have it while those who want tons of villagers can do that too. I’d love to have 12 personally if the world itself is bigger which brings me to my last hope….
12. A Bigger Map. I’d love to see multiple layers to a town besides just town and beach.
But yes, hopefully I can get New Leaf done before the next version of Animal Crossing comes out. I just hope I have enough time.
So, recently Japan’s official Nintendo Dream Village and Europe’s official Nintendo Dream Village were updated! And thus, I decided it’d be fun to check out the updates.
Japan’s Official Nintendo Village: 0000 – 0100 – 0017 – Updated for Captain Toad!
This was so cute. I love how everything was done. If you haven’t picked up Captain Toad yet, I highly recommend you do so. As usual each house is its own game with Tomodachi Life, Pikmin, and Super Mario 3D World being the other houses right now. I decided to stop back by 3D World for fun though:
Europe’s Official Nintendo Village: 7900-2106-3477 – Updated for Winter!
I still love that you can visit Santa. You can check out my visit from last year here. The house is the same (and there’s no other changes), but it’s day time this year.
If you have been reading my blog for quite a long time, you may recall that I never ran into Jack last October and ended up receiving a letter instead. This time, I actually did run into him! So I was pretty excited to finally have a chat even if I’d be skipping Halloween again this year:
Unfortunately, I still haven’t managed to get much further on any of my other goals At least the tree should be at its biggest size by the end of the month…
So today, after many many many dreams, I finally received the Golden Dream Badge!:
I now have 4 Gold Badges left. The hard part is that I have no good way to keep track of how many I have to go which makes it a lot harder to be motivated. For reference, the ones I have left are the catching lots of bugs, fish, and diving creatures (5K for the first two, 2K for the last) plus the earning 5,000 medals one.
Some spotlights from the Dream Villages I visited: Read the rest of this page »
Read the rest of this page »