So, my town is done. While I have a few personal goals, when it comes to my town and island, there isn’t anything left to do. Below will be some of my favorite pictures plus a video of my full town tour.
Also, a big thank you to everyone who has visited! I was very surprised to see this when I updated:
Finally, a quick Q&A:
Does this mean no more updates?
No. While I will no longer be progressing date-wise in the game, I still have over 100 Dream Villagers I’d like to visit and now that I will no longer have to worry about villagers moving (due to no longer changing the date), hopefully I can start working on getting up one every so often.
I also plan to update for Happy Home Designer and if any brand new DLC ever gets added. Plus, any future Animal Crossing games will probably be here as well!
Plus, I still have some personal goals I want to complete :3 So still a few updates that could come eventually.
I am currently writing up my feelings on the Nintendo Direct over on my main website, but I wanted to say I’m looking forward to writing some fun stuff about Happy Home here when it comes out!
Also, my final Dream Suite update should be up within the next 2 weeks. I don’t know if I’ll get all the badges by then, but I will try!
So, I was popping in for my usual checkness to make sure nobody wants to move and crush my hopes and dreams and to my surprise, Phineas was walking around!
While I only received one badge, this one is pretty important as it helps me figure out just how much I have to go. I now know I need 3,000 more fish to get gold… I still don’t know how close I am bug-wise though as it can be anywhere between 500 and 1,999. Regardless, now the Catching lots of bugs badge is the only bronze badge I have. Hopefully I can get the rest of the badges soon!
So, after waaaaay too long, my tree has finally grown!:
You may notice that my town looks a bit different season-wise. The fix I was told was to go back to the first of the month it should’ve grown (October) and then play every single day with just one character.
I’m SO happy it worked. Now to just get my game back to January 14th… Plus badges.
I’m sure we can all expect a Wii U version to be coming. It’s been hinted upon and I’d be surprised if we didn’t see it shown at this year’s E3. That said, I just wanted to talk more about what I’d personally like to see. I know everyone is happy about nice graphics (and we did get a bit of a preview on the limited time application on the Wii U), but graphics mean little to me to be blunt. Regardless, I’ve been asked several times now that it seems more and more likely and that I’ve played ACNL for so long, what would I’d like to see. So, let us begin!
To start, I want to say I’m going to assume we’d still be Mayor. I think it’d be a bit odd otherwise so I’m mostly expecting New Leaf with a bigger town and more features versus a whole new change-up.
1. A transfer system similar to Wild World’s transfer to City Folk. You essentially kept your character’s look (hair, face), name, and catalog. I think it’d be nice if you could keep patterns as well along with badge progress.
2. The ability to put together your own map. Talk about finding a land, expanding your mayorship, and just getting to do more with the land itself would be really cool IMO. I think it’d be neat to see people making all kinds of different maps. I mean, I’m sure there’d be only so many different pieces per area versus a full moldable landscape, but that still gives a lot of options.
3. Be able to place as many Public Works as you want. No limits on how many per item either. If I want more than 3 bridges (and honestly, bridges shouldn’t even count), so be it. Maybe someone wants their town to be a bunch of little islands.
4. Bigger item limit. 48 seems good on paper, but once you put in wall items, it suddenly becomes very small. I’d like to say no item limit at all, but I sadly don’t see that happening.
5. Houses at least just as big as New Leaf. This may seem like a given, but then I remember Wild World to City Folk and yeeeeah….
6. Dream Suite returns. It’s just such a great addition. I’d love to see the 3DS and Wii U ones linked, but I know that probably won’t happen.
7. Best Friend list returns. It’s just such a nice feature. I’d love to be able to have more friends on it as well.
8. New badges.
9. The option to be able to place your villager’s homes (new ones anyway of course) like your own house.
10. Be able to make it so certain villagers can never move.
11. Be able to set your own population–maybe have to pay to allow more animals to move in. This allows those who want a smaller amount to have it while those who want tons of villagers can do that too. I’d love to have 12 personally if the world itself is bigger which brings me to my last hope….
12. A Bigger Map. I’d love to see multiple layers to a town besides just town and beach.
But yes, hopefully I can get New Leaf done before the next version of Animal Crossing comes out. I just hope I have enough time.